Did you know????
• One unspayed female cat can produce an average litter of 4.5 kittens three times in one year. Take those litters plus all the litters of all her unsterilized kittens and in 7 years the cat population would have increase to 91,511,383 if left unchecked. Now that’s a lot of stay cats!!!
• It’s estimated that over 70 millions cats are stray without homes in the U.S.
• “No home for littermates” is one of the top 10 reasons people relinquish animals to animal shelters.
• From a health standpoint – Females spayed before their first heat tend to be healthier than those spayed after. Unspayed cats and dog are at a higher risk of certain types of cancers and other medical problems then their spayed counterparts.
• Only 10% of animals entering shelter systems are spayed / neutered.
• It costs U.S. taxpayers an estimated $2 billion each year to round up, house, euthanize, and dispose of homeless animals
• About half the animals entering shelters will be euthanized. In fact approximate one animal is put to sleep every 8 seconds.
• Want a pure bred pooch? 1 out of 4 pure bred dogs find their way into shelters!
So save a life at your local humane society today!